Welcome to ORSEE, the Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments
ORSEE is a web-based Online Recruitment System, specifically designed for organizing economic experiments.|
It's key features are: multiple experimenter/laboratory/subjectpool/experiment classes/language support, attribute query selection, random recruitment, public and internal experiment calendar, reputation system, automated mailing, pdf output, experimenter rights management.
ORSEE comes with a complete documentation.
Specifically the aims of ORSEE are:
ORSEE is for free, it is published under a proprietary open source license. The project is hosted on sourceforge.net. But well: If you can't help doing it, here is my wishlist at amazon ;-)
- to simplify the organization of economic laboratory
- to standardize the procedures of experiment organization
- to depersonalize the experimenter-subject interaction
- to allow the conduction of simple internet experiments
- to provide information and statistics about the subject
Technically: Since version 2.0 ORSEE is programmed in PHP, a programming language specifically designed for working within the World Wide Web environment. The data of ORSEE, completely separated from the application, is stored in a MySQL database. ORSEE should run on every recent version of the Apache webserver with PHP and MySQL installed.